CONTINUING EDUCATION 2017
Affordable opportunities for health professionals (students and the general public are also welcomed).
P-POD is a Section 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Our strictly noncommercial conferences offer an evidence based focus on how society’s major chronic diseases, such as cardiovascular disease, cancer and diabetes, may largely be prevented, and in many cases treated, via lifestyle changes by individuals and in communities.
4th Annual National Plant-based Prevention Of Disease (P-POD) Conference
May 18-20, 2017, Albuquerque NM
Continuing education credits for the full conference (pro-rated for partial attendance):
- CME: 17.25 AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credits™. This activity is designated for a maximum of 17.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Certificates will be issued by Mountain Area Health Education Center. Awarded to physicians, and recognizable (subject to their own credentialing requirements) for Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Certified Nurse Midwives and Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (and approvable by some state boards of optometry). DISCLOSURES ARE IN THE BOTTOM HALF OF THE PAGE.
- CNE: 17.25 hours Nursing CNE have been approved by New Mexico Nurses Association (NMNA). NMNA is an accredited approver of Continuing Nursing Education by American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- CPEU: 17.5 CPEUs for participation in the full conference, approved by the Commission on Dietetic Registration. These apply to Registered Dietitians and Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RD’s, RDN’s), and Dietetic Technicians, Registered and Nutrition and Dietetics Technicians, Registered (DTR’s, NDTR’s).
- CEU: 1.7 CEUs (17.25 contact hours), as established by National Task Force on the Continuing Education Unit. For nurses, and any other practitioners whose credentialing organization recognizes the following: MAHEC designates this continuing education activity as meeting criteria for 1.7 CEUs as established by National Task force on the Continuing Education Unit. You must attend the entire activity or activities to receive CEUs. 17.25 Contact Hours.
- Institute of American Indian Arts (IAIA) will award 17.25 hours Continuing Education Unit (CEU) professional development credits.
CME DETAILS / DISCLOSURES, 2017:
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the North Carolina Medical Society (NCMS) through the joint providership of Mountain Area Health Education Center (MAHEC) and P-POD. MAHEC is accredited by the NCMS to provide medical education for physicians. MAHEC designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 17.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.